A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

1/8/12

The Invention Of Hugo Cabret

He works on the clocks in a train station in Paris, but his real job is fixing a brokon automaton. He believes that this automaton will give him a message from his father, but will he be right? In the thrilling novel by Brian Selznick, the adventure never stops!










The adventure, fun, and creativeness of this story really make it very good. I loved how Hugo had the grit to keep on trying to fix the automaton even though all odds were against him. I noticed that in this book, almost everyone has great grit, but very little characters have self-control. Hugo barely shows any self-control in this novel. He continues to do things that end up with him in trouble, and I'm not saying this as a bad thing. I think it just made the book more interesting that you never knew what he was going to do next. Him and his friend Isabelle end up both getting hurt in this book because they're being careless and are shutting out what each other are saying. In my opinion, Isabelle did most of that considering how many times Hugo says something to her and she just refuses to listen. That is one of the things I loved about her.

The characters in this book really come alive, not only through pictures, but as I read I felt as if they were actually standing there watching them do what they are doing. I think that that is because Brian Selznick writes the book in a way that does that, plus the pictures make it even better. Most of the characters were funny, some were dramatic, and some were just so interesting that it made it hard not to love them, even the people you weren't supposed to like so much.

I don't exactly know how to explain what I didn't like about it, all I know is that there were some parts that I didn't like so much. My older sister read it and recommended it to me, and basically said the same thing about whats not fantastic about it. I guess you could say that it wasn't amazing, it was just great.

I would totally recommend it to people of al ages, and I give it, four out of five stars.

Love, Violet




No comments:

Post a Comment