A reading and book blog by me, Violet!

12/3/11

The Teachers Funeral


















First off, I just wanna say that no matter what kind of grade this book gets, It's a good book for a child book-club. So, Richard Peck's story has a lot pretty memorable characters like Russel, Loyd,  Flopears, Pearl, Tansy, Charlie, and of course Glenn. But are these characters necessarily interesting? If you ask me, No. They were children from 1904 and go to a little school house, but they are just not written in a way that's really interesting. Not saying they were badly written, just that the characters were a little shaky. Even though, the story line was fabulous! It had a great line of events, this happened, then this happened, but still some good mystery. This book was supposed to be a comedy, but I really never found myself laughing at anything besides the chapter titles like, "Another Old Gal In The Ditch" but that was about it. My personal favorite character was Glenn. The Tarbox kid who has a crush on Tansy. Now, I'm not gonna give away any spoilers, but at the end they tell you who everyone gets married to and there are some pretty weird choices. But I thank Richard Peck for giving this book a plot twist. Anyway, I would give this book a....


TWO OUT OF FIVE!!!!!

THANKS FOR WATCHING THE REVIEW IS RIGHT AND JOIN US AGAIN SOON FOR A REVIEW OF HOOT BY CARL HIAASEN!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment